Potato Crunch Tilapia with Candied Bacon “Baked Potato Style” appetizer
Ingredients (Serves 5)
5 Potato Crunch Tilapia- Cooked as per instructions
1 bunch chives- sliced thin
1 lb Sliced Bacon
0.5 cup Light brown Sugar
2 cup Yellow Sharp Cheddar cheese- shredded
– Preheat oven to 375.
– On a sheet try lined with parchment paper lay out bacon so that it is not touching.
– Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bacon evenly and slight rub it into bacon to get the most even coverage.
– Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the sugared bacon and then another sheet pan on top of that to keep the bacon from curling during the cooking process.
– Place bacon in preheated oven and cook for 15-20 min, until sugar has caramelized on to the bacon.
– Remove from oven and let cool.
– Once the bacon is cooled to room temp, cut it into matchstick shaped pieces.
– Cut the cooked portions of Potato Crunch Tilapia in half and place the one half onto the center of the an appetizer sized plate.
– Right in the center of the portion, spoon about 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Sprinkle an ounce of the shredded cheddar, an ounce of the cut candied bacon, and a teaspoon of the chives over the whole portion evenly. Serve.